Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Amy Poehler noooo, replacement refs noooo

Today is National Voter Registration Day, go here if you haven't registered to vote yet!

The Emmy's happened on Sunday! 

I wasn't able to stay awake long enough to watch the Emmy's, but I did read up on the winners list!  I have to say that I am extremely happy that to learn that Modern Family won the award for Outstanding Comedy Series!!  I can't get enough of that show, I'm going to have to have a Modern Family marathon after we move into our new house.  

More Emmy news:
Although I have never seen the show Veep, and I am big fan of Julia Louis-Dreyfus from her Seinfeld days, I am disappointed that Amy Poehler didn't win the award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series.  Poehler is AMAZING in Parks and Rec, seriously.......amazing.  She has been nominated five times for an Emmy award and has yet to win anything. Just give her the award already! If you haven't watched Parks and Rec yet, do yourself a favor and start!!! Season 1 is alright, but it gets better in season 2, and not just Poehler, but the whole cast is amazing and hilarious.   What do you think about Poehler not winning? Have you ever seen Parks and Rec? Any recommendations for good shows!? 

How was everyone's weekend? I know it's Tuesday, soon to be Wednesday, but I have been working for six days in a row, tomorrow will be seven, and I. Am. Tired. So just throwing up a quick post tonight and will get going more after tomorrow. weeeeeee 

Photo taken by Otto Greule

Did anyone happen to catch the football game last night, Packers vs. Seahawks?  If not, you can read up on what happened here and how controversial the call was on the last play of the game.  There have been lots of tweets about the call, and about how terrible the replacement referees have been since the start of the NFL season.  The replacement refs however, have made calls since the beginning of the season that have yet to determine the outcome of one game, that is, until last night. Read up on the call, and you be the judge of how it all went down.  Let me know what you think! 

One last thing...

Check out this site for your daily dose of mouth watering recipes, and in particular this one for Pumpkin Cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting !!! YUM


2 comments: